The Cell and Tissue Imaging Platform (PICT) provides services, training and technological innovation in cellular imaging to academic and private scientific communities, in life science and health.
The platform is labelled “Infrastructure in Biology, Health and Agronomy” (IBiSA) and is a member of the France-BioImaging & Euro-Bioimaging infrastructures.
Our expertise covers multi-scale imaging from the molecule to the organism in the field of cancer research. The imaging center is composed of 3 poles: photonic microscopy, electron microscopy & CryoEM and high-content screening (HCS, Biophenics).
- Provide state-of-the-art technologies and expertise in photonic, electron & CryoEM microscopy, HCS (Biophenics) and image analysis,
- Provide training, assistance and advice to users,
- Carry out technical, methodological and software developments,
- Collaborate on science and technology projects,
- Participate in the dissemination of knowledge (training courses, congresses, open lab, etc.) at national and international level.
The platform is open to all researchers, both internal and external to the Institut Curie.
A little about the facility history…
PICT-IBiSA at Institut Curie won official recognition as an operational platform in life sciences (“Cell Imaging” Platforms coordination RIO) in 2003. This recognition has been renewed by the labeling of the PICT by the GIS IBiSA (Infrastructure in biology, health and agronomy – https://www.ibisa.net/) in 2008. PICT-IBiSA is a member of the consortium France BioImaging (https://france-bioimaging.org/) since 2011.
Since 2007, in close collaboration with Nikon France, Nikon BV and other industrial partners, PICT-IBiSA also hosts and administers the Nikon Imaging Centre @ Institut Curie-CNRS (http://nimce.curie.fr/), one of three centers of this kind in Europe, one of the nine, worldwide.