BMB168 was created in 2012 to increase efficiency in the use of biochemistry and molecular biology techniques in our department. People who do not have much knowledge and experience in these areas can take advantage of our expertise. We make clones and purify proteins, as well as teach and assist in specific techniques using the technology we have available.
Main mission: Custom production of DNA constructions and purification of proteins
Conditions of use
BMB168 is available to all members of UMR168 (and the Institute Curie under certain conditions). If you have a project requiring the use of the BMB platform, please follow this procedure:
- Submit your project to the following address and put your group leader/project leader in copy.
- A member of the BMB168 team will contact you to confirm your request and organize a meeting. During the meeting we will talk about the strategy to use.
- We can also train or assist with techniques/instruments if you want to do the experiment on your own.
This procedure is required to access the BMB platform and to receive training/assistance. The platform is located on the third floor of the Pavillon Curie. When using the shared equipment and facilities, please respect the following rules : 3rd floor rules
What we know how to do for you (or can help you do yourself):
- Molecular cloning (digestion/ligation, InFusion ligation, Gateway cloning)
- DNA purification (Maxi prep etc)
- PCR (DNA amplification)
- Genomic DNA preparation
- qPCR (quantitative PCR)
- constructions for CRISPR
- Protein expression systems: E. coli, yeast (S. cerevisiae), baculovirus (in insect cells–Sf9), mammalian cells (Flp-In system HEK293 cells), cell-free protein expression
- Protein purification from tissues (brain, muscle…)
- Affinity chromatography using tags (His, GST etc)
- FPLC purification with or without tags
- Mass spectrometry analysis of proteins
- Purification of membrane proteins
- Basic techniques: SDS-PAGE gels, native gels, protein concentration by Bradford, protein labeling with fluorescent markers (Alexa etc)