The Protein Production and Purification Facility is a core service and resource to overcome the major bottleneck in recombinant protein expression and purification. Mainly we provide advice and active support for researchers scientific community in the use of the procaryotic and eukaryotic expression system for recombinant protein production.
The facility offers equipment and materials required for the expression of protein in bacterial, Yeast, insect (baculovirus) and mammalian cell. We can execute the complete cloning, expression, scale-up and purification process or specific tasks within the project.
We have optimized different expressions vectors in combination with various bacterial strains, yeast strain, insect strain and mammalian cell for specific expression of different types of proteins.
The Protein Expression Facility is a fee-for platform dedicated to providing technical assistance in the following areas:
- Advices and training
- Recombinant DNA engineering
- Recombinant protein expression in bacteria and yeast
- Recombinant protein expression via baculovirus expression systems (BVES)
- Recombinant protein expression in Mammalian cells
- Protein purification
- Polyclonals antibodies production
The platform possesses expertise to produce and to purify any type of protein. For each project we used the following flowchart:
- Primer design and expression vector cloning
- Strains development
- Expression screening
- Production and purification
- Preparation and distribution of recombinant expression vector
- New Vector development to provide state-of-the-art expression technologies
- Maintenance of frozen stocks of recombinant baculovirus
- Protein purification technology development
- Development of recombinant protein and molecular biology enzymes catalogue
Fermenter for cell culture and protein production
Chromatography system: for protein purification
Cell Disruption: proteins extraction
Insect cell culture for protein production
Hybridoma system production
Akta flux for sample concentration
Network and collaboration
P4EU: (Protein Production and Purification Partnership in Europe) network initiative
Collaboration with Recombinant Platform facility of Institut Pasteur
The facility functions as a training centre for students and scientists in gene cloning and Recombinant protein production.