Acces & Prices
The PICT imaging centre is opened under certain conditions to all staff of the Institut Curie and outside users.
Procedure for a new user
If you have a project requiring the use of photonic imaging techniques, thank you to follow the following procedure:
- Send an e-mail to in which you will specify your scientific project and your imaging needs.
- The imaging team will come back to you to discuss your project in more detail if necessary.
- If you are external user of the Institut Curie, an administrative file must be completed as well as the validation of the platform’s usage policy.
- All users must register via the OpenIRIS reservation software via http://iris.science-it.ch/.
- If you are from the Institut Curie, the training request must be made directly online via the OpenIRIS reservation site (if available).
- Then a training date will be proposed to you.
- After validation of the training, you will be autonomous for the use of the equipment and you will be able to book it via the OpenIRIS online site.
- Autonomy for the use of a system is not permanent! Indeed, this autonomy can be withdrawn for non-compliance with rules for use of the PICT and also if you have not used the system for over 6 months. In this second case, a refresher training is required.
- Please ask for training on a microscopy only if you need it.
- Expect a delay between your request to use training and taking this into account. The team of imaging facility will do the best to answer quickly, however, our activities are many and we are not always immediately available.
Access to the microscopy platform is subject to a charge. Here is a list of prices of the main instruments, some consumables are in charge of the users. Please contact the PICT engineers.
Technai G2-Lab6 operating at 200 kVolts, equipped with TVIPS F416 (4Kx4K) camera is to be used for cryo-electron microscopy, cellular microscopy, cellular tomography and cryo-tomography. It operates with assistance of a PICT engineer.
|3h||150,- €||ask for a quote|
Technai Spirit operating at 80kV equped with a Quemesa 4K camera is to be used for cellular 2D EM, immunolabelling, Tokuyasu, sample optimisiation for single particle.
|2h||80,- €||ask for a quote|
HPM 100 for high pressure freezing :
|10 samples||500,- €||ask for a quote|
AFS et AFS2 for cryo-substitution :
|10 samples||520,- €||ask for a quote|
ultracryomicrotomes UC6 and UC7 :
|8 hours||240,- €||ask for a quote|