Procedure for a new user
If you have a project requiring the use of photonic imaging techniques, thank you to follow the following procedure:
1. Contact the person in charge of the system you would like to use.
2. Fill the form that will be sending to you.
3. Accept the conditions of use of the imaging facility (see the Use Policy).
4. When these two steps are validated, a member of the imaging team will contact you to confirm your request and set a date for training or assisted session.
5. After validation of the training, you will be “autonomous” on the system for which you were trained.
- Autonomy for the use of a system is not permanent! Indeed, this autonomy can be withdrawn for non-compliance with rules for use of the PICT and also if you have not used the system for over 6 months. In this second case, refresher training is required.
- Please ask for training on a microscopy only if you need it.
- Expect a delay between your request to use training and taking this into account. The team of imaging facility will do the best to answer quickly, however, our activities are many and we are not always immediately available.
Please check the charges on this link.
The charges could be reduced if you have a project with the RTRA labelled Pierre Gilles de Gennes’s Fondation.
For specific projects involving the facility staff for a given period of time, a quotation will be made depending on each case.
Procedure for extra training
You are already autonomous on one or more microscopes and want to either have additional training or become autonomous on a new system. You must request a new training by following the step described above.
Training on an electron microscope is done in four parts:
- Training which includes theoretical description of the system and the reminder of the basics of microscopy,
- A theoretical safety regulations training specific to the imaging Center, including if required procedures for evacuations,
- A practical training including among others the start/stop procedure of the system, the acquisition of 2D images up to 3D if necessary, data backup, data transfer, booking systems.
- A check of individual knowledge. The user is supervised during his first booking.
The duration of the training may vary according to the systems and knowledge of users. Training can be done individually or in small group of 3-4 people.
The booking system can only be done by users who have validated training. Each system requires proper training and authorization from a PICT team member. No exceptions will be accepted.
Once your training is confirmed, you can access the online booking system.
To book a system, follow the procedure :
1. Open a web browser (Firefox, Safari, etc.)
2. go to the link: http://curie.science-it.ch
3. Use your Curie login and password to connect
4. Select the timeslot you want to book.
· Respect the rules of booking. Each system has specific booking restriction.
· Respect the material and other users!!
At the end of the session, the item must be returned in excellent condition:
· For microscopes: data should be transferred and removed
· For image processing computer: data should be transferred and removed.
You are in charge of the system during all your session and you have to declare any problems that you could encounter.
Feel free to give us any feedback concerning imaging systems.
Please report any incident by sending an email to the PICT member in charge of the microscope. Thank you in advance for your participation in order to maintain the system in perfect working condition.
The mission of the imaging team is to guide and assist users in acquiring and analyzing images. Thus, it’s not required to include any staff member of the imaging center in the author list of the publication. However, when a staff member of the imaging center has significantly contributed to a publication, it is logical and highly recommended to add this person in the list of authors.
Mention of the imaging centre in the publication
Users must indicate that they have used the PICT imaging centre in any publication.
For example, in the section Materials and Methods: “image acquisition and image analysis were performed on workstations of the PICT-IBiSA Imaging facility of Institut Curie” or in the acknowledgments section “The authors wish to thank [xxx] from the PICT-IBiSA Imaging facility of Institut Curie”.-`
List of publications
Users must submit, as soon as possible, the references of any publications that have used the equipment of the imaging Centre.These information highlight the use of the equipment of the imaging Centre, the efficiency of investment and facilitate all requests for funding for the acquisition of new materials.
The Institut Curie IT provides storage space for images. Please contact the IT department for any request. Your data must be saved after each session with your care.
Attention, we are not responsible for any data stored on machines connected to the system.
Data users will be manually or automatically deleted after a few days to leave acquisition systems under optimal conditions of operation.
In addition, computers of the imaging centre belong to the Institut Curie and are therefore subject to the use of the IT.
Moreover, it is strictly forbidden to:
- Install or uninstall software
- To use computers for personal purpose
- Using computers to download music, video, etc …
- To use computers for listening music.