In 2017, the Towards an HIV Cure Initiative will organize a 1.5-day HIV Cure & Cancer Forum on 22 & 23 July, in Paris at Institut Curie, its partner.
The Forum will focus specifically on the interface and similarities between HIV cure and cancer research, and seek to merge these two disciplines to accelerate the pace of discovery in HIV cure research.
The Forum will be co-chaired by the French Nobel Prize Françoise Barré-Sinoussi, Dr. Steven Deeks, Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (USA), and Prof. Sharon Lewin, Director of the Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, University of Melbourne (Australia).
Among the international speakers: Geneviève Almouzni and Sebastian Amigorena.
- Accelerate research on immunotherapy and epigenetic modification as potential curative strategies;
- Create an environment to foster collaborations and merge the HIV cure and cancer disciplines;
- Provide an opportunity for the next generation of investigators to launch their careers through interaction and discussion with peers;
- Promote increased investments in HIV cure research;
- Provide a platform for information sharing, debate and network among peers.
From Saturday 22th to Sunday 23rd July 2017
8:00am to 9:00am: registration
Amphitheatre Constant Burg (12, street Lhomond, 75 005 Paris)
Metro: Place Monge / RER: Luxembourg
HIV Cure Programme