A Research Project Officer position is available for the Horizon 2020 NEUcrest programme at Institut Curie Research Center, Orsay site France.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time fixed term position (according to candidate’s experience, a part-time position can be discussed) as Research Project Officer for the ITN NEUcrest, located in Orsay, France. This Horizon 2020 programme-funded position is available from November 1st 2019 for 4 years. Salaries will depend upon experience.
The Institut Curie Research Center (https://institut-curie.org/profil/researchers) is a world-class multidisciplinary organization created in 1909 by Nobel Laureate Marie Curie bringing together France’s largest center in cancer research and a model hospital group dedicated entirely to the care of cancer patients. The institute is ranked in the top 1% by International Science Index. The scientists of Institut Curie laboratories have access to state-of-art core facilities (https://institut-curie.org/page/platforms).
The main function of the post will be the management of an EU Initial Training Network programme. The postholder will work with the Project Coordinator, Prof. Anne Hélène Monsoro-Burq, and the other network partners to 1) implement and take responsibility for the operational management of the network, 2) liaise with the EU project officer and 3) contribute significantly to the NEUCrest scientific and training programmes, by assisting in the supervision and mentoring of early stage researchers as required, and the dissemination of project results and outcomes. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have an excellent track record in a research field relevant to Life Sciences or previous experience in European-funded project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of early stage researchers involved in the grant who are located around Europe
- Organising training events for researchers and Principal Investigators involved in the programme
- Liasing and reporting to the EU Project Officer which includes preparation of periodic scientific and financial reports
- Monitoring and reporting of project milestones and deliverables in accordance with EU deadlines
- Promoting and disseminating results produced in the programme by writing newsletters, articles for general public, managing NEUcrest website, and participating in outreach events
- Managing relationships with academic and industry partners
- Organising scientific/strategic outreach events to promote the programme
- A track record in a research and development environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, including event management experience
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience supervising/mentoring university research students
- Experience with outreach events
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally several times a year
- Experience in managing EU grants
- A PhD qualification in the field of Life Sciences (related to Cell Biology) (although a Masters qualification may be considered).
Please send a single pdf entitled “ITN_NEUcrest_your-name” with Cover letter, detailed CV and contacts for 3 references to Prof. Monsoro-Burq, .
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm on Friday, 4th October 2019.